The Darkroom: Life Preservers | Our Write Side
Welcome to the Darkroom where we open our photo album to help spark your creativity. Each week we offer a new photo, but the story is yours to write.
The Rules, because there are always rules:
- The photo is here to spark your imagination. Use it as the landscape for your story, to remind you of a moment in your past, or the punch line to a joke. Use the photo as inspiration in any way you want.
- Your submission can be fiction or nonfiction, memoir, poetry, dark or humor – your pick.
- Please no adult content, no racial or political posts. Also, where applicable, please include a trigger warning introduction.
- Keep your word count between 700-1000.
- Link to your submission’s post URL in comments. If you don’t have a blog, you can add your entry to the comments below.
- Link to this page’s URL in your post.
- Limit one entry per person.
- Submission deadline is Friday, midnight CST (Saturday, 5 a.m. GMT)
Let’s see what develops: