*Submissions are currently closed.*
Coming Soon!! Details on our 2018 anthologies:
Glass & Ashes (fiction)
November 15, 2017- March 15, 2018
Primal Elements (poetry)
November 15, 2017- February 15, 2018
One submission per author only. For our poetry anthology, one submission per element per author only. Make sure you send your best work the first time as all other submissions will be deleted.
Your fiction submission email should include Inquiry/Glass/Title of Work??( example: Inquiry/Glass/The Stone) on the subject line. Your poetry submission email should include Inquiry/Primal Elements/Poem Title/Elemental Type (example: Inquiry/Primal Elements/The Chase/Wind)??on the subject line.??The body of the email should include a short one paragraph synopsis of the story or blurb along with the word count for fiction entries. Please attach your author/poet bio and a clean headshot as separate documents along with your submission.*
All entries not following the standard formatting and submission guidelines will be deleted without being read.??Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer feedback on rejected stories at this time.
Selected authors will receive a gratis digital copy and a portion of royalties to be determined after deadline.
*We only accept digital submissions.
What we expect:
- Finished, final drafts. We expect your submission to be edited and complete.
- Our submission guidelines followed, including proper subject, attachments, and body of email.
- Simultaneous submissions are encouraged, but please let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Author participation in marketing, platform building, and sales.
What we aren???t looking for
- Improperly submitted manuscripts will be added to the slush pile unread.
- Comics and/or comic books. Please submit those to our literary journal for consideration.
- Pornographic material.
- Erotica, violence, and extreme gore are accepted on a case by case basis.
OUR STANDARD Formatting Guidelines
- We only accept electronic submissions in .doc or .docx
- All short stories should follow the??standard short story format.
- All manuscripts should be accompanied by a cover letter containing author information/bio, manuscript title, genre, and word count.
- All pages should be numbered beginning on page 2,??and include??author???s last name and title of the manuscript at the top right corner, like this: author| title| 2
- All fiction submissions must have a blurb of the work in the body of the email??unless otherwise specified.
Submissions should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about our formatting guidelines? Use??the standard short story format??as an example of what we expect (all anthology submissions should adhere to this format).
We require 8-12 weeks to respond. Please do not query until at least 9 weeks has passed without a??response. Queries are only for submitted work inquiries.??Send queries to email@example.com. Include QUERY in the subject line.
If you are inquiring after your anthology submission, please wait at least 90 days after the??deadline before following up.
What To Expect from us
- We hold three years of publishing rights, during which we have the right to use your work as we wish for marketing, advertisement, inclusion in our literary journal, and more.
- Marketing, promotion, author services as needed for each author and each book we publish, including anthologies.
- No fine print, our contracts are always easy to understand.
- Excellent quality books and customer service.
- A wide variety of author services to assist indie authors.
- Competitive and fair royalties. We are not currently offering advances.
- 24-hour support.
- A community of camaraderie and support with other authors, readers, and publishers.
Due to the number of submissions we receive, unfortunately, we are unable to provide personal feedback or critique at this time, though we will do our best to answer your questions should you have them.