Sassy Scorpio Scribe: The Proposal
- HomeSassy Scorpio Scribe: The Proposal
It’s been way too long since I have linked up with Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop and now is as good a time as any! Below is the list of prompts with mine in bold type. Feel free to pop over and join in, you won’t be disappointed!
1. Write about your proposal. Were you surprised?
2. List your top 5 favorite romance movies.
3. Tell us about a crush you had and/or have.
4. Write a blog post inspired by the word: Friendly
5. February 4th is National Thank A Mailman Day. What did your mail carrier deliver that you would like to thank them for?
6. Write a poem to your love for Valentine’s Day.
The Nontraditional Couple
[bctt tweet=”From the very beginning we have navigated this whole relationship our own way.”]
Three years, eight months, and eighteen days ago I was laying in my bed pondering the things single people ponder. I had just finished being the third wheel at a bonfire and made more third wheel plans for the week. I had been in Ohio for 6 months and had sworn off relationships. And then, I got the Facebook friend request. As I argued with myself about which button to push I had NO IDEA how this would affect my life.
I never accepted unsolicited friend request from men I didn’t know. But…I was lonely…I would be careful…Just chatting wouldn’t hurt…I pushed “Accept” and my whole life changed.
We chatted all night. Clicking in so many ways it was crazy. He wanted to meet. I was nervous. I hemmed and hawed and finally gave in. Just one meeting. Just two adults hanging out for a couple hours in the broad daylight.
As he walked up to me the next day I thought to myself, “I am going to marry that man.” And then I chastised my hormones for trying to override my normally sensible brain.
With few exceptions beyond our control, we have never been apart since that day. We have grown together and built a wonderful life. We compliment each other in so many ways and complete each other in others. We can have entire conversations without speaking. He has become my best friend. And it all started on Facebook. Internet dating at it’s finest.
On Valentine’s Day 2013, Shawn came into the store where I worked. He knelt down in front of my cash register and proposed with a store full of gawkers. He was so nervous, his beautiful blue eyes never left my face. Proposing in a convenience store among strangers…so beyond the norm and so typical of Us.
Now go and link up with all the other fantastic posts! Until next time, scribe happy and stay sassy!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)