Recipe for Raising a Teenager – Our Write Side
Loving Parents (quantity and flavors may vary)
Stable environment (size and locations may vary)
A pinch of patience
A dash of defiance (I am so not in denial)
A sprinkle of spunk
And a big dollop of LOVE (the fresh kind works best)
1) Mix all ingredients together, using as many strokes as necessary for a nice smooth mixture.
2) Set tempers to a low degree as to set an example of proper social interactions
3) Grease the way as much as possible using whatever resources are available to you (share your musical abilities, help with math homework, volunteer at the school, sponsor school events…)
4) Stir interests often with exposure to the arts, sports, and community activities
5) Cook with your teen often as both a life lesson and an easy bonding experience
6) Protect your teen from having their self-esteem deflated; validate their feelings and self-worth
7) Remove from home when fully prepared.
Today’s Recipe: Raising A Teenager Click To Tweet
Until next time, scribe happy and stay sassy,
Executive Editor at Our Write Side/OWS Ink, LLC A.L. Mabry is an Executive Editor for Our Write Side. As an author, she enjoys writing in all genres and forms, even grocery lists. She is an artist and Wiccan who has an obsessive love of vampires, kilts, and blue butterflies. She is passionate about many topics and her posts are often laced with the snarky sense of humor one acquires from raising five teenagers, all at once. In her downtime, she can be found with her loving husband, Shawn and their children. She maintains her shreds of sanity with yoga, tea, and cats.