Introducing Raising Voices
- HomeIntroducing Raising Voices
Just as a good rain clears the air, a good writing day clears the psyche.
Here in the blogosphere we all have a similar goal; to have our voices heard. And, if you are anything like me, you probably started out by writing what you thought people wanted to read. And maybe you felt disappointed at the lackluster response you received. Somewhere along the way, though, amidst the disappointments and frustrations, you decided to write for yourself. You found your own voice and ran with it. And even if your comment box didn’t start exploding, I bet you felt better about your voice. YOUR VOICE.
With this in mind, I have been encouraging my kids to find their voices. I love to see them express themselves in all the talents the are blessed with. I have artists and musicians and opinionated writers. I have
challenged extended an invitation to all 5 of them. (Yes, you read that correctly, there are FIVE. Teenagers…). I am, in essence, “Raising Voices“.
I also tweeted a request for submissions for original work from tweens and teens which I will begin featuring on a weekly basis, on Mondays.
I am accepting submissions for writing (fiction, nonfiction, poetry and opinion pieces), music (lyrics or complete tracks) and art (images of original paintings, drawings, sculptures etc). Submissions and queries for additional information can be sent to via the Contact form. Spots are filling quickly!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)