Free Verse: The Annual Campaign by David Wiley
- HomeFree Verse: The Annual Campaign by David Wiley
David Wiley is one of three book review team leaders as well as a monthly contributor. He is our go to guy on all things fantasy.
The Annual Campaign
Thousands are slain under
his tyrannical reign. Many more lay
dormant, awaiting the proper moment to
strike back and overthrow his decaying
empire in a war being perpetually waged.
In a few short months he has
laid waste to the living, laying siege upon
the vibrant fields that wither beneath
the weight of his army. His clear, crystalline fingers
reach far and wide, closing around limbs and
hanging from boughs in all corners of his territory.
His nemesis approaches, mounted atop
currents of warmth, galloping across
the frozen tundra. She wears down his
defenses with small skirmishes, freeing
territories in her wake. Life flourishes once more as
her campaign presses on. He leads a counterstrike to
make a final, desperate push to regain his
grand empire. He steps onto the battlefield for
his last stand, clad in armor of snow and wielding
a blade of ice. She stands before him, a sword of light
in one hand and a shield of heat in the other. She banishes
him once more from the land, freeing
the world from his grasp.
Read more of David on his personal blog.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)