90 Day’s Author Goal Second Quarter Check-in
- Home90 Day’s Author Goal Second Quarter Check-in
For those who recall, at the beginning of 2018, I set some very public author goals for the year using the 90 day plan. Well, life fell apart a little bit for many reasons, not the least of which is that I am dealing with a back issue that probably will need surgery and left me laid up for the first month of the year and is still significantly limiting my work time. Then there were a host of business-related issues for Our Write Side (I’m sure you’ve noticed our blog has been a bit sparse of late. No worries, we’re regrouping and getting ready to bring you more great content!) that come with explosive growth, which I had not anticipated. It’s slowed me down, but it hasn’t stopped me! I hope this is how each of you responds to adversity in your own life. Don’t let it throw you off kilter and quit. It happens to all of us, and it’s a great opportunity to revise and reconfigure your author goals. So, we’re doing that today. Here are the goals I set for 2018. In italics, I am listing revisions for the 2nd quarter.
- Publish 4 books in 2018- The Survivalist Bible Serial launched (I have the first part of the serial in an anthology with MLS Weech, and it will release in October.), Clear Angel Chronicles 3, Hell School 2, and Hell School 3. (I’ll be honest, I haven’t had a whole lot of time to write with everything going on. As it is, I will be pushing my luck to get Hell School: Sophomoric Sadness finished and released in December. So I am taking out Clear Angel Chronicles 3 and Hell School 3)
- Increase my social reach by 50%. This one is a bit messy for you to see in action. I created a lovely graph in Excel (that I am not going to share, because it’s really not that lovely) with my starting point for each of my social media platforms’ current reach. I will track each stat weekly. This is Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely. I’m actually not going to mess with this one because it’s a good goal. I’m just going to have to work harder because I haven’t really been working on this goal the last 90 days so I’m a bit behind.
- Re-release my specific previous 5 titles that fit the OWS brand under OWS as part of my partner contract. This is already in progress and shouldn’t be too difficult to finish. Hell School should be coming in May, Angel’s Dance in June, and both books in The Hunters Saga are underway, so this is looking good.
- Expand my OWS-U course offerings by one course each semester. Ah, did you know about OWS-U? It is this awesome venture that we are doing to provide masterclasses to authors on topics that will help them grow as an authorpreneur. I am all for having at least one of my goals focused on giving back. The first semester starts in February, and I am teaching two of the five courses being offered. A lot has changed about this goal, as we’ve decided to go with Teachable and offer the courses year-round, rather than by semester. I am still looking to add 2 more classes to the line up this year, though.
- Increase my book sales by 25%. I hate setting monetary goals. Truly, I do. But they are important. I probably should set this one higher, as my sales took a hit when I joined the OWS executive team back in July. But we’ve got a lot of goals going on with OWS as well, so I want to keep this attainable. This will be easier to attain once we get the books up on OWS Ink.
My 90 Day Year- 1st Quarter Author Goals Report
- Preparing The Survivalist Bible Serial for publication– I already have the first three serials ready to go to the editor. I will focus on 2,000 words a day to get this finished up in the first 90 days.
- Track Social media reach– I am not going to do much on building this right now. Too much other stuff going on. So I will just focus on tracking this first 90 days of author goals.
- Get Angel’s Dance and Hell School: Fresh Meat re-released through OWS and onto Ingram Spark for distribution into bookstores. This actually works towards goal 3 and 5. Once they’ve been re-released through OWS-U, I can start marketing them again!
Ha, ha, ha, didn’t hit these author goals. Well, I did get some of part of them. Survivalist Bible is coming along. I now have 6 sections ready for the editor. I need to figure out what to do with the cover because of adding it into MLS Weech’s anthology as well as losing my graphic designer. Sigh So that will get added to this quarter of author goals. Angel’s Dance and Hell School are on the schedule for this quarter. Re-edits are done and it’s just a matter for formatting them and re-releasing. Hell School is even getting a new face for the cover, courtesy of Rebekah Jonesy!
And my happy social media tracker is sitting there waiting for me to use it. Which I will use and will report back next quarter, at the ACTUAL BEGINNING OF THE QUARTER, hopefully 😉
How are your New Year’s Resolutions and author goals coming? Did you try the 90 Day Plan like me? Tell us in the comments below.
Until next time,
Heidi Angell is a bibliophile, lexicomaniac, and wordsmith. When she isn’t writing or reading, she enjoys helping fellow authors on their writing adventures. Learn more about how Heidi at www.heidiangell.com
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)