Hey Poets! We Want You to be a Part of the 2019 Anthology
- HomeHey Poets! We Want You to be a Part of the 2019 Anthology
Calling All Poets!
Our Write Side is open to poetry submissions for our next collection. Between now and October 15, we want you to submit poems that interpret the title of our 2019 collection: Feminine Flower.
We are looking to both celebrate and dissect the classic definitions of “womanhood” and “femininity.” Whether you embrace it, fight it, or fall somewhere in between, we want to see your unique take on these concepts.
Bring us your gentle and nurturing mothers, moms so harried they can hardly get by, and tributes to Mother Earth. Show us smoldering temptresses and sweet ingenues. We want to see strength, vulnerability, cunning, sacrifice, and passion. You could also explore the joys and grief of the physical female body with your words. Use it as a weapon, a safe harbor, a vehicle for pleasure, or a conduit for shame. All poems that have something to do with the concept of womanhood will be considered. We welcome new takes and interpretations.
At the same time, we are also looking for poems that creatively explore the idea of “flower.” A rose may be lovely and fleeting, but it also has thorns. There are many things in this world that are shaped like a flower but don’t have petals. And ideas can flower and bear fruit in new and surprising ways. If you have a fresh expression of what “flower” can mean, we’d love to read it!
Here’s How to Submit Poems to Feminine Flower:
- Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Inquiry/Poetry/Last Name in the subject line.
- In the body of the email, please let us know: your full legal name, author name (if applicable), titles of your submissions, mailing address, and the email address you would like the contract sent to if your submissions are accepted.
- Include the following attachments:
- Between 3-15 poems as a single document.
- A short author bio written in the third person (he/she).
- A high-resolution headshot.
Other Things You Need to Know When You Submit Poems to Our Write Side
We reserve the right to choose which poems make it in to the collection, and submissions that do not meet the requirements outlined above may be rejected unread. All submissions should be sent in via email by October 15, 2018 for consideration. We do not accept late submissions. All selected writers will receive an ebook copy of the completed book and the chance to buy a print copy at cost. If selected writers want to buy multiple print copies, they will receive a discount of 20%.
If you’ve got an comments or questions, feel free to leave us a comment below. We’re excited to see what you’ve got, so don’t be shy to send in your poems of every form!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)