Sparkle & Shine: The Official December Writing Contest
It’s official, folks. Our Write Side is hosting their very first contest.
The team came up with a great theme for our December newsletter writing contest.
It’s as easy as it says. Give us a 2,000 word story by December 15, 2015, in the romantic and engaging style of NICHOLAS SPARKS (New Year’s Eve birthday), using “Family Traditions” as your theme.
You could win a $10 Amazon gift card (the perfect present for that aunt who has everything!) AND the winning story will be featured in our Holiday Newsletter along with its author and creator.
There’s NO entry fee required.
Here are a few rules for the writers out there:
- 1,500 word minimum, 2,000 words maximum
- One story submission per author. No exceptions.
- Short stories only, fiction or non-fiction accepted.*
- Follow regular submission guidelines
- Email must be received by 11:59 PM EST on December 15 to qualify. Winning story will be announced in December newsletter.
- We reserve the right to reject any submission for any reason we deem suitable.
- Add Sparkle Contest to the subject line before sending.
- Have fun. Submit your best work.
All submissions are to be sent to email@example.com. Any submission received that does not follow the guidelines will be rejected.
*Note: Any poets wishing to have their poetry featured in our newsletter should submit according to theme.
Our December themes for poetry are:
- sparkle and shine
- home for the holidays
- comfort and joy
All poems should be at least 15 lines long and properly capitalized and punctuated.
No more than 3 poetry submissions per poet, per session. Submission deadline is the same as the contest–December 15, 2015 11:59 PM EST.
We are also running a COVER ARTIST campaign. The theme is Steampunk Nutcracker. Best cover will be displayed along with the artist’s name and info on the FRONT COVER of the December newsletter. Only requirements are that it must say Our Write Side, December 2015, and Read. Write. Imagine. on it somewhere while meeting the theme. No nudity of any kind or graphic content accepted. Please submit your art via firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to attach each file rather than putting it in the body of the email. May the best art win!!
Now, what are you waiting for? Ready, set, scribe happy!! Contest is now live!