Shine For Your 15 Minutes of Fame
Welcome to “Coldly Calculating: Writing by the Numbers.”
I will be your host each week as we probe the darker corners of your imagination. This series is meant to help feed your mystery/horror muse, so try to give us chills! The prompt is open to interpretation, but try to include the phrase somewhere in your piece.
This week’s prompt is:
And now for the rules:
- All genres are welcome, including essays and poetry, though we do request that you avoid overtly racial or political stories or posts. Any hurtful or excessive violence, especially containing subject matter that could trigger a strong or negative emotional response must have trigger warnings attached.
- Word count between 500-700 words. While this is not enforced, there will be assignments with word count restrictions you are expected to adhere to.
- Add the URLS to your posts in the comments. No more than two entries per assignment, please.
- Add the assignment prompt you chose at the top of your post.
- All posts must contain the link to each Coldly Calculating post, using the My Write Side url in your browser’s address bar.
- All post links should be added into the comments of THIS POST by Monday May 25, 2015 if you would like it promoted. However, you may add your link in the comments at any time. If you do not have a blog, you can submit your response via the Contact Us form, please use Coldly Calculating for the subject line.
- We reserve the right to remove links to any content we find unacceptable.
- Any questions regarding this prompt should be directed to the Contact us form.
- Have fun! The prompts are open for interpretation. Write whatever it inspires you to write.