Recipe for Raising a Teenager
Loving Parents (quantity and flavors may vary)
Stable environment (size and locations may vary)
A pinch of patience
A dash of defiance (I am so not in denial)
A sprinkle of spunk
And a big dollop of LOVE (the fresh kind works best)
1) Mix all ingredients together, using as many strokes as necessary for a nice smooth mixture.
3) Grease the way as much as possible using whatever resources are available to you (share your musical abilities, help with math homework, volunteer at the school, sponsor school events…)
4) Stir interests often with exposure to the arts, sports, and community activities
5) Cook with your teen often as both a life lesson and an easy bonding experience
6) Protect your teen from having their self-esteem deflated; validate their feelings and self-worth
7) Remove from home when fully prepared.
[bctt tweet=”Today’s Recipe: Raising A Teenager” username=”OurWriteSide”]
Until next time, scribe happy and stay sassy,