As writers, we wanted to get our names out there. We became frustrated because we didn’t know where to look. We invested a lot of time we’d preferred to use writing. To save you this trouble, we have done some research for you and put our findings here. One of the best way to get published is to submit your work to literary journals and magazines. Many of these have permanent open calls and fast response time, but please check each one for their submissions guidelines.
This list will continuously grow, and the open calls may change, so please visit this page frequently. We will do our best to keep it up to date.
This is just a small list. There are many, many more magazines and literary journals out there. Below we share a few links to more sites you can check out with further listings.
- The Review Review’s Magazine Search
- Every Writer’s Resource’s Top 50 Literary Magazines
- Let’s Write a Short Story’s 44 Literary Magazines To Submit To
Have you submitted to a literary journal or magazine we didn’t post? Tell us about your experience.
Latest posts by Stephanie Ayers (see all)
- Writing Groups-Create-Join-Benefit by Cindy Tomamichel - March 25, 2017
- Author Shakyra Dunn - March 19, 2017
- The Top Editing Tools for Writers - March 18, 2017