Prompt: The Dry Cleaner
Welcome to the brand new Friday Flasher writing prompt! This is the space where the number of words you use to tell your story really matters! Each week we will offer you a new prompt. In 500 words or less, write a response using all 4 parts of the prompt in your story. It’s that easy!
We do have a few rules for you:
1. Read the prompt below. Incorporate all 4 elements of the prompt into your story.
2. Write a complete story.
3. All genres are welcomed, though we do request that you avoid overtly racial or political stories, no excessive use of foul language and no graphic sexual content. Any hurtful or excessive violence, especially containing subject matter that could emote a strong or negative emotional response must have trigger warnings attached to the top of your post.
4. No more than 500 words.
5. Add the URL to your posts in the comments.
6. All posts should contain the link to each Our Write Side Friday Flasher post, using the Our Write Side URL in your browser’s address bar, at the top of your post.
7. All responses are due Wednesdays, 6:00 PM EST if you would like to see it promoted. (However, new links may be added at any time.)
8. We reserve the right to remove links to any content we find unacceptable.
9. Have fun! The prompts are open for interpretation. Write whatever it inspires you to write.
Your prompt for this week:
Place: a dry cleaner
Character: a diner waitress
Object: a small paperclip
Time/Date: winter, 1999
Remember: 500 words or less, a complete story, and the URL of the post (NOT YOUR BLOG) in the comments, and you must link back to this page at the top of your post. Entries are due by Wednesday at 6:00 PM EST.
Ready? Set? Write!! #flashfiction #prompt Click To Tweet
Until next time, scribe happy and stay sassy!