Friday Flash Fiction Train – Purpose
All aboard the Friday Flash Fiction Train! Each week, a new prompt will take us to parts unknown – sit back, check out the prompt, and enjoy the ride.
But first, some rules.
- Every other week, a random prompt will be posted on Friday. Participants have until the Wednesday before the next prompt at 12:00 PM EST to write and submit a response in the comment section. Your story must be posted in the comments to count.
- The catch – after the first week with a winner, the responses to the prompts must build off the previous winning entry, continuing its story. To avoid never-ending stories, the contest will reset every 5 winners. We’re aiming to tell a story in 5-episode bursts.
- Voting will be open to decide a winner from Wednesday at 12PM EST to Thursday at 10PM EST. Voting will be on site and also in our Facebook group, OWS Word Mafia.
- The winning piece will be featured in the next prompt, with links to the winner’s social media.
- Word limit: 400.
- All responses are property of the authors.
- Completed stories might also be compiled into ebooks in the future!
To the prompt!
“What is the purpose of being human and alive without doing new things?” – John Sulston
Remember – participants should include name/pen name and any links they’d like to share for promotional purposes (Twitter, FB Page, Goodreads, Website, etc).
Not sure you want to play? Check out the contest’s previous incarnation for an idea of how it works.