Fractured Fridays: Three is a Crowd
A couple of summers ago, I had the great fun of collaborating with other writers to produce “Flip Flop Fiction.” Using the Mad Hatter and his hat as the mode of time travel, characters from one story made an appearance in another story and changed it. We had wonderful fun twisting the fairy tales.
When we were coming up with ideas for the writing site, Fractured Fiction came to mind. Our Write Side proudly presents Fractured Fridays: fractured flash fiction, putting new spins on the classics, favorite stories, fairy tales, and nursery rhymes we all know and love.
The rules are simple:
- Read the information.
- Read the challenge.
- Write a story 700 words or less answering the challenge.
- Share the url to your story in the comments OR, if you don’t have your own blog, share your story in the comments.
- Please keep your stories pg-13 or under since this is a public page. Add trigger warnings where necessary. Keep vulgarity to a minimum.
- Have FUN!
Now, are you ready for the prompt?
Literature is filled with romance, especially love triangles and jilted lovers, wrong choices, and murderous adoration. This why, for the month of February (because it is the love month, after all!), we will focus on jilted loves and love triangles and rewriting all the things in between.
For this week, let’s start with these three famous love triangles:
- Edgar, Cathy, Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights
- Jace, Clary, and Simon (Mortal Instruments)
- King Arthur, Guinevere, and Sir Lancelot
Choose one, or mix them up. Rewrite their love stories. Take writing liberties. This week, let’s stick with the original love trios. Change them up, though. Add a touch of scandal, murder, etc. It’s your call. Kill your darlings, throw in a new love, spin the tale. All we ask is that you keep it clean (PG-13 please).
You have until Thursday, February 25, 2016 to shake up their worlds.