You met Brian Paone a few weeks ago. We decided to introduce you to one of his most loved characters: Big Riff from A Journey of Words.
Occupation: factory worker / aspiring rock-star
1.What do you consider your greatest achievement?
getting my PHD in astrophysics
2. What is your best physical feature?
My hair after I’ve gotten out of the shower but before I dry it.
3. What is your most treasured possession?
The Rosa Lynn
4. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
A stripper named Kelpie
5. What is your favorite journey?
Roland’s journey through the waste lands.
6. What is your most marked characteristic?
Girls can’t resist when I wink at them from across the room.
7. Define happiness and share your happiest memory.
Happiness is not a fish you can catch. However, anytime I’m alone with Mary, just the two of us, watching Netflix and chilling. Happiest memory was when I auditioned for Strange Avenues; those 60 minutes where I was playing their songs with them in their rehearsal space. I didn’t get the gig, but being there and playing those songs, was the highlight of my life.
8. What is it that you most dislike?
Jello, hotdogs, Limp Bizkit, The Princess Bride, and the color green.
9. What is your greatest fear?
Being stranded in the desert without any water or food or a cell phone. And Scottish people. Terrifying.
10. What is your greatest extravagance?
I installed a $20,000 sound system on the Rosa Lynn. When that ship is rocking, I probably won’t be able to hear you knocking! I pimped that ride, right the hell out!
11. Who do you most despise?
Gerald. Everyone hates Gerald.
12. What is your greatest regret?
Not buying that DeLorean when I had enough money in my checking account.
13. Which talent would you most like to have?
Pottery. Ever since I saw “Ghost” with Patrick Swayze, I always wished I had the steady hands to make pottery like that.
14. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I drink too much.
15. What do you most value in your friends?
They drink with me.
16. Who do you most admire?
David Gilmour. I mean, have you HEARD that solo in “Comfortably Numb”??
17. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Patience. If we could all just be a little more impatient, I think we could get more things done as a society.
18. Which words or phrases are you known for?
“You don’t have a chance.” and “Yes, Mary. Please don’t hurt me again.”
19. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
That I never stole that mandolin out of Marty’s car.
20. What is your motto?
“Everyone has their own rock island. Their own little patch of sand…”
What an exciting character Big Riff is! We are so happy we got a chance to interview him.Meet Big Riff from #AJOW by @ScoutMedia @brianpaone #interview #character #ourwriteside Click To Tweet