The Darkroom: Life Preservers
Welcome to the Darkroom where we open our photo album to help spark your creativity. Each week we offer a new photo, but the story is yours to write.
The Rules, because there are always rules:
- The photo is here to spark your imagination. Use it as the landscape for your story, to remind you of a moment in your past, or the punch line to a joke. Use the photo as inspiration in any way you want.
- Your submission can be fiction or nonfiction, memoir, poetry, dark or humor – your pick.
- Please no adult content, no racial or political posts. Also, where applicable, please include a trigger warning introduction.
- Keep your word count between 700-1000.
- Link to your submission’s post URL in comments. If you don’t have a blog, you can add your entry to the comments below.
- Link to this page’s URL in your post.
- Limit one entry per person.
- Submission deadline is Friday, midnight CST (Saturday, 5 a.m. GMT)
Let’s see what develops:
Tara R Tara Roberts (pronounced Tar-ah and with a southern drawl) lives and plays on the Florida Gulf Coast. A former print news and online media reporter, she now spends her days roaming the woods and beaches of the Panhandle talking to herself, penning eclectic fiction, and taking photographs. She can be found most days at “Thin spiral notebook” trying to quiet the voices in her head.