Written in Blood

Written in Blood
November 3, 2012 32 Comments Writing Stephanie Ayers

I write because otherwise I’d have no explanation for all the voices in my head. I was born with a pen and paper in my hand. Without my words, I am soulless,  incomplete.

This 33 word response is inspired by Trifextra. They asked us why we write. This is my answer. Tell me, why do you write?

Looking for a NaNo update? I’m 4,290 words in, and on Chapter 5. The story is currently moving smoothly. I am taking my time developing each scene, closing my eyes and putting the image in my head to words on the page for you, and so far it is working. How’s NaNo going for you?

Vote! Review! Rate! Tweet! Like! Share! America’s Next Author.

Thanks for stopping in!

deanabo

Brilliant and honest. Great post.

thoughfulmomma

I write for a lot of reasons. Writing has always been the best way for me to process what is going on in my life or the world around me. I write to record things that have happened so that I can look back on them later. I started journaling when I was about 12 years old and as I got older, I began blogging. Sometimes I write because I’m very opinionated and sometimes because there is a topic I passionately wish to share information about. I suppose, in a way, writing is my way of reaching out and connecting to the rest of the world.

I agree with everything you said. I only had 33 words though, so I tried to make them count. 😉

yogaleigh

Beautifully expressed.

Tessa

I loved this entry, brilliant! I ahve 4020 words in NANO so far. I haven’t finished a year yet, but this year is the farthest that I have gotten so far.

Yes! You can do this! I’ll be so happy to stand at the finish line with so many of my readers and friends!

Draug419

This is really simple, to the point, and lovely (:

Grace

So true about the voices. Loved it.

jannatwrites

I had to smile at writing being an explanation for the voices in your head. Nice 🙂

Haha. It makes me feel a little less crazy to know I’m not alone.

Ruby Manchanda

Lovely post

vivinfrance

Me too. Bon courage for Nano.

Thanks! I need it!

Tara R.

I knew those voices would come in handy some day. I understand this completely.

Absolutely. If I don’t write, people start to think I’m crazy pretty fast. Oh wait. I AM crazy. But people, you know… notice.

The Next Best Thing - Jester Queen

[…] SAM at From my Write Side is always writing.  She has completed several novella length pieces (uh – I think) and I want to […]

Kir Piccini

OK…third time’s the charm? Commenting is not working today.

I love your stories…thank goodness you listen to those voices and use that pen…every one of your words feels like a surprise and gift to me.

Blushing. Thanks, Kir!

One went to spam, which I caught, and the other? Cyberspace? LOL

Lumdog

That says it all. Nice job!

Oh, those delightful voices. Can’t live with em, can’t live without em 🙂

Ha! But you CAN take thm out to the pasture and shoot them! 😉

Cameron

Oh, isn’t that lovely? 😉
        Stupid voices.

Sometimes they are yes, but that’s when they are the most fun!

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 8:09 AM, My Write Side