The Sharp Dressed Man

The Sharp Dressed Man
October 24, 2012 22 Comments Writing Stephanie Ayers

He’s on the front page of your local newspaper, dressed to the nines, with a wallet full of cash, and an eternal smirk plastered on his face. He visits only the very best clubs, dozens of ladies flock to his side, decorate his arm. With sinister eyes watching your every move, you’ll meet him during cocktail hour and he’ll sweep you off your feet, but don’t you dare accept his invitation for an after-hours drink. It’s more than just a drink he wants, and he’ll take it if he can. Everybody best beware the handsome, woman-killing, sharp dressed man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week’s #100WordSong choice was Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top, another of my favorite bands. This one was easily enough to put together, along with a little help from the Trifecta word of the week: Sinister, in it’s 3rd definition: singularly evil or productive of evil.

This was fun, and flowed with a bit more rhyme than I intended, but I hope you enjoyed anyway. Please share your thoughts on this piece in a comment.

It’s Round 3 over at America’s Next Author, and I’m in the running. I need you to vote every week (just click it!) then use the social media icons underneath it to spread the word. Every click counts!! I also need MORE REVIEWS and ratings, too. While you are there, stop by my friends Cameron, Lance, and Jester Queen and give them a vote too!

Thanks for stopping in!

2old2tap

Very creepy. A well dressed wolf. Or worse…
    Nicely done. Good job with both prompts.

Or worse is right. Thanks for stopping in, Renee!

karen

Especially this: It’s more than just a drink he wants, and he’ll take it if he can.

What a great tale. I like the song, but this certainly puts a new twist on it, and the era from which it came.

Thanks, Karen. I’m glad I didn’t think of him in this light when I was a teenager, lol.

Lance

This works well with the season. Teh kind of man I need to tell my women about. well done, mama

Thanks, Lance. I’m glad Leeroy approves. And this guy? Is definitely the kind any girls momma warned her about.

deanabo

How great. This is the man that scares us all.

I’m glad that was conveyed in so few words. Thanks, Deana!

Draug

This almost sounds like a song itself. Really cool 🙂

Thanks. It sounded like a song in my head when I was writing it.

Lumdog

I love the line “…ladies…decorating his arm.” perfect description. As the story goes, the “bad boys” get all the girls. too bad, for them in this case. Nicely done.

This dude is the reason my husband will be buying a gun once our girls are dating age LOL.

It flowed really well, definitely danced off the tongue like a song.

This dude is the reason my husband owns a gun now, and she’s only 12 !

jannatwrites

Thank goodness I have sons! (Now I just pray that neither of them become that guy :))

Scott Jung (@WilyGuy)

Lots of darker entries this week, I liked your take on the song. Definitely felt the intended chills.

Halloween is in the air!! I tend to gravitate toward horror, though. Thanks for the feedback!

Tara R.

This is the guy your mama warned you about.

Chelle

True confession: I have never been crazy about ZZ Top. Tolerated hearing their songs on the radio. But this twist to the song, I like!

Thank you, Chelle.