Trifextra: Thirsty

Trifextra: Thirsty
August 11, 2012 40 Comments Writing Stephanie Ayers

A glass  on your front porch, filled with tea, quenched my thirst. Then, a vase converted, holding our love’s first rose. It shattered when you left, becoming the tool that slit my wrists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the weekend Trifextra challenge, we were instructed to choose 1 object, in 33 words (exactly) tell us a story with three different uses for one object.

Obviously, I chose a glass, with a sinister ending (No surprises there, eh?). What did you think? Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment.

Thanks for stopping in!!

Chelle

Oh my! I was not expecting that ending. Great job of throwing in the unexpected.

Lumdog

Wow! Major u-turn on this. Well written poem.

I’m glad it worked. Thanks for stopping in again.

Tara R.

What a diverse range of uses for your item. I didn’t expect that twist at the end either.

but is the story clear?

Tara R.

Oh yes! It was a very creative. I liked that in the end, the glass was altered, like the character.

Nicely done Sam.

I just wonder if you should switch out “your love’s” with “our love’s”. I think that sounds better and works with how you have referred to the glass initially. Oh and I don’t think you need the comma after “A glass”. 🙂

Ohhh! Great suggestion!

Ruby Manchanda

That was a great twist. A nice response

Thanks. I used to be really good with the unexpected so its refreshing to know I haven’t lost my touch.

Lance

awesome

You know I love dark and gritty and emo. This was amazing. i didn’t think of it as a twist. I thought it just was gradual decline into nadmess. well done mama

Yes, that’s exactly it. Thanks for getting it.

Sandra

What a way to tell a story in 33 words! Sad–but great–entry.

Thank you Sandra!

Donna Kiser

This was super inspiring and helped me get to my #3 with the blood tinged water.

wow!! Now thats an awesome compliment!

Diane Turner

OMG! Gulp! Creative use of the prompt and so visual and visceral. Great writing. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading, Diane!

2old2tap

Well done! I really liked the progression.
    The ending was a twist well played.

Marie

You took me everywhere in this! Hope and despair especially. Wow.

A journey is what I always intend. 🙂

jannatwrites

Nicely done. A rather sad ending, but real- sometimes that’s how life is.

Oh Steph…I love your writing, this was fantastic…and haunting..could see the red of the rose and the blood….it turns the colr of tea. Wow!!!!!! Such great images!!! Xo

I’m glad you enjoyed! It’s nice to see you here.

trifectawriting

Wowza! I liked the declining feeling of this–great job with the prompt! Thanks for linking up.

thanks for the fabulous prompt.

jesterqueen (@jesterqueen)

I didn’t expect the ending at all. With all of these, I start off thinking, Oh, yeah. And then use two comes up and I think, “OK that follows”. And with this one, use three zinged me totally. Completely surprised. Awesome.

Djrelat7

Love it; You can see the start of the relationship blossom into love and great imagery to show the ending of the relationship…the ending is dark but I like it 🙂

Yes, I tend to write on the dark side quite often. Thank you for stopping in and reading.

Sent from my iPad

lovethebadguy

Oh, wow! I really loved this. Dark and sinister is always entertaining to read (and to write)!

Nicely done. 🙂

It’s definitely fun to write! Thanks for reading!

hypercryptical

Oh darkly delicious!

Anna :o] at http://puzzelicious.blogspot.com

Thank you! its fun to walk on the dark side sometimes.

I’ve been writing about breaking up a lot too, the hurt, the slow slide from love into depression or hate etc…this was a perfect ease from one emotion to another.
    Great job as always.