In Time: Swing Life Away

In Time: Swing Life Away
August 8, 2012 15 Comments Writing Stephanie Ayers

This follows immediately after this: A Moment in Time

*  *  *  *  *  *

“You loved me once. You could let me go.” Viola pleaded, her steel facade melting as she spoke.

“I no longer have a heart. I have the scars to prove it,” the Time Keeper said, holding his pistol firm.

She hissed, “You think I don’t?  I have to live forever remembering what I did to you.”

“I would’ve moved the earth for you! Now I’m stuck here, less of a man, heartless, between worlds, forever.”

Viola stepped closer and kissed his lips. A single shot was fired and she slumped to the ground.

“It doesn’t have to be like this.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week’s 100 W0rd Song was Swing Life Away by Rise Against (my stepson’s favorite band). This is my interpretation of it.

I welcome constructive criticism. Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment.

Thanks for stopping in!!

k~

Treacherous beginning to what feels like it could be a much larger story. You have my attention!

Eric Storch

Ok, first, the 100 words? Love it! The TimeKeeper and Viola both saying, “It doesn’t have to be like this.” I love even more. (See? I went and read the other parts)

lol. you are awesome to read the preceding piece. 😉 Thank you, Eric for your words,

I’m not sure who said the last line…I assume Cage but…it doesn’t quite fit coming from him, assuming he just shot her.

its open ended on purpose so i have some wiggle room to write with.

Tara R.

So much going on here and I am hooked. Tight dialog and swirling emotions, doesn’t get much better.

wow! thanks tara!

dberonilla

You painted a very vivid picture with just 100 words! Wow!
    I am also intrigued and would like to read more. 🙂

WOW!! Thanks for the compliment!

jesterqueen (@jesterqueen)

There’s a Pink Floyd song “Why don’t you talk to me” (or something like that) with a similar lyric to that last line. I imagine them repeating this scene over and over in a horrible time loop.

Oh that would be interesting.

t

Damn. That second to-last line punched me.

Sorry that it “got” you. It wasn’t meant to be sweet and pretty.

In Time: Untimely Demise « My Write Side

[…] is another segment of my WIP, In Time. It picks up where Swing Life Away  left […]